03 September 2008

Hello, My Name is Ham

I'm getting such a kick out of this little one these days. She does and says such unexpected, funny things. Yesterday each time I asked her not to do something, she would give me an earnest look, shake her head, and say, "Mommy, I neber do that again. Neber, eber, eber!" Sounds good to me.

She refers to doing things "all the day." When I notice her dancing, or doing something she enjoys she'll tell me, "I dancing all deh day." I frequently have the classical radio station turned on in the kitchen, and when she hears something especially exciting, she'll ask me to dance with her. She tries to mimic my every move. It's so cute--especially when I do crazy things that she can't quite copy.

A few days ago we had a conversation about names. Each time I call her a nickname, like Sweetie or Little Lady, she corrects me and tells me "No. I Audgee." So I told her that I have another name--Jennifer. That threw her for a loop at first, but then she got it. Now she'll say to me: "You Mommy and Jeffer. Two names."

And though I don't exactly feel like one, when she catches me with a towel wrapped around my head after a shower, she'll say, "Mommy, you a pwincess!" This is from a girl who has yet to see any Disney princess movies. She might be in for a shock when she sees a real one.

I could keep gushing. But I'd better stop for now. There's only so much time in the day.

7 comments:

Julie Peterson said...

Jennifer, I want to see you do the dance she can't copy! I am glad you are documenting all the funny things your kids do. We all think we won't forget but......we do!

Jennifer M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MelancholySmile said...

She is adorable! I hope I get another little girl at some point. I love my little guys, but girls are far more fun to dress!

Joanne said...

I love this age! You just want to write down everything they say.

Thanks for sharing her cuteness - I love little funny stories like this.

Amberly said...

She is worth gushing about. I love the pictures. I think dancing in the kitchen with the kiddos is the best! Thanks for sharing.

Jesse said...

Yes, gush away. She is too cute.

Janell said...

Ahhhh what a sweetie she is!