28 August 2008

Nie Nie Day

I've been a long-time fan of the inspiring blog, Nie Nie Dialogues. A huge fan. The author, Stephanie Nielsen is a vibrant young mother of four who adores her family, and makes the ordinary seem extraordinary. Even though I've never met her, she is literally one of my idols. She and her husband were recently injured in a private airplane crash in Arizona. They are badly burned, so it will be months before they are out of the hospital to care for their children again.
Today Stephanie's friends of the Blog World are coming together to honor her family, and support them financially in their recovery. Design Mom is hosting a huge silent auction for their benefit, and has invited many others to do the same. Check out the items up for grabs here, and learn more about the recovery efforts here.
It's a good day to give.

photo by Blue Lily Photography

4 comments:

Amberly said...

I'm so glad you posted this. Last night at Enrichment a woman was talking about this story because her daughter is a friend of Stephanies. Last night I looked at her blog from yours and read a little of the details. So I am following a few auction items today.

Jennifer M said...

Amberly, I'm so glad to hear it! I'm following a few things today, too. Isn't it amazing to see the generosity?

apricot apparel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amberly said...

Hi Jennifer - I started a blog for my aunt's business today & forgot to logout so I deleted the comment I posted under her name. oops.

This is what I have to say:
It is amazing to watch the blogging world come together to support someone they all love and know through the internet. Normally when someone goes through a big trial we don't get to witness the love & support that is freely given. I am so touched to see what is happening.