25 August 2008

First Day of First

At 6:45 this morning you would have seen seven anxious kids with their parents waiting for the bus near our house. And when it came, wow! It was a brand new, space-age looking thing. For all we know it could have even had seat belts and cup holders. Or not. But it was nice.

In about ten more minutes it will come back down the street. Can't wait to see how his day went. He had a hard time going to sleep last night, he was so excited. For days he has been telling random neighbors and Target workers about school starting. Doesn't he look so big?

p.s. The bright white tennis shoes are worth mentioning because they are his first pair of lace-up shoes! We went through a crash course (emphasis on "crash") over the weekend to teach him how to tie them. When he did it by himself today it was a very big deal.

8 comments:

Julie Peterson said...

So Exciting for him! He is just such a little man! Are you nervous?

Anonymous said...

Our jake looks soooo much older than even last month when we saw him! Can't believe he is growing up so fast, although he HAS been in charge for a long time now!

I guess this means you can get back to a bit of "order" in your life, except for Audrey's escapades. I weel remember the first day of school and the feeling of FREEDOM. (GUESS I'M NOT SUPPOSSED TO SAY THAT!) Anyway, let us know how his first day went and tell him we are proud of the great kid he is.

Love,
Gramma & Poppa

PS: The fishing picture is the best yet! I have to look at it every day!

Anonymous said...

Guess I should have checked my spelling before I published that last comment.....just learning!

Aric and Sally said...

I love the first day of school - how fun!

Mix Family said...

he grew 6 inches since i saw him 3 weeks ago. wow! love the story about tieing his shoes. it's the little victories, right?!

Amberly said...

He does look so grown up! How was the bus ride? It took Carter a few days of my meeting him at the school and then walking him to and from the bus...

Janell said...

What a little Jeremy he is! Looks just like dad. He is growing up so fast!

Thomas Family said...

Yes- he does look so big! Don't you love the first of school?