Kiddie Records Weekly is a treasure trove of classic children's records. The vintage art, the background music, the voices, and the stories...I'm swooning just thinking about it! It's not quite like watching scratchy vinyl spin around, but I'll take it. My top three favorite records as a kid? Disney's Peter and the Wolf, Mormon Tabernacle Choir's White Christmas, and Homer & Jethro Strike Back.
We started with Uncle Wiggily today. And with three years worth of weekly recordings, I think we'll be all set for a while. Who needs TV anyway?Hat tip to Design Mom, photo from Kiddie Records
5 comments:
oh man, that sounds like fun...get it..."sounds"!?! no really, when caleb is old enough to sit still (does that ever happen?), i want to check out that link. you find the coolest links. schmartie hosen!
Jennifer, that is awesome! When I was little we had beauty and the beast-it was my favoite. Mom doesn't know what happened to it. Maybe it will show up on here!
We used to listen to these as a kid as well. Nice pick, a favorite of mine was Peter and the Wolf too. This is awesome!
You know something else you might love to share with your kids? Disney has a DVD set of Silly Symphonies. Do you remember those? I LOVED them when I was little, so I was so stoked to see the DVD's and can you believe it my kids love them too. They are positively enthralled with them.
We had Peter and the Wolf as well! Fond memories sitting around the kiddie record player, getting scared by the "wolf" theme music. Thanks for the tip.
Post a Comment