01 July 2008

Who's the Boss?

I should have seen it coming. There I was, being so Mom-like, innocently offering unwanted advice. A red, white, & blue paper-chain would be so fun and festive. But he had other ideas for his paper strips, so he dropped this line:

"You're not the boss of me!"

Is there a secret class at school where kids learn these kinds of phrases? He tried to make it better by letting me know (in a chipper voice) that I could make my own paper chain if I wanted one. Maybe I will.Seriously though. Making crafts for the 4th of July is no laughing matter. He has been hard at work the last few days assembling special little things. Apparently the strips will be put to good use as confetti.I'll take my cue. Time to sit back and support the spirit of Independence.

6 comments:

Amberly said...

If you track down that secret class, let me know because I would like to disenroll my children from it. I am impressed with your 4th of July crafts. Jake is creative!

Mix Family said...

so well written. i'm LOL. i just dread the day caleb says that to me, but it's going to happen. your crafting party produced some really cute stuff. love it.

Trent and Dianne Rencher said...

Love the crafts, and your not the boss of me neither...
Di

Aric and Sally said...

If it makes you feel any better, Addie started calling me "bossy one" a few months ago. Nice.
Love the decorations. Hope you have a nice 4th.

Janell said...

LOL, so funny!

Joanne said...

Ha ha! I wish Jake and my boys could get together. They would have so much fun making little crafts together.