Just like the song says: It's always fun when Grandpa and Grandma come--hooray! I took them back to the airport this morning after our week of fun. We'll miss them! We were anxious to show them around Charlotte, so we visited a few neat places together; but we also had a great time playing around here at home. Dad pulled a 3x5 card out of his pocket first thing, ready to get all kinds of jobs done. A week later we have a hammock and tire swing in the back yard, fixed-up furniture, hooks in the coat closet, and a host of other helpful additions. Mom graced us with some special creations of her own like some beautiful potted flowers and delicious carrot cookies. The kids loved every minute of their stay, of course. You could say Jake and Audrey made the most out of their rapt audience. What fun we all had!
You actually have trees? And grass? I'm so jealous, your neighborhood looks beautiful! It sounds like you had a great time with your Mom & Dad. I'm so glad they went out for a visit, I hope that someday we'll get to come too. Maybe then we can come feel the grass under our toes, or by then we'll have forgotten what a novelty that would be.
1 comment:
You actually have trees? And grass? I'm so jealous, your neighborhood looks beautiful! It sounds like you had a great time with your Mom & Dad. I'm so glad they went out for a visit, I hope that someday we'll get to come too. Maybe then we can come feel the grass under our toes, or by then we'll have forgotten what a novelty that would be.
Post a Comment