13 April 2007

Business School


This afternoon Jake ran into the house asking for 5 cents to buy a cup of popcorn that a kid down the street was selling. He came back looking for something to sell himself. Minutes later I heard him outside shouting something that I couldn't quite discern. When I stepped outside he was on the sidewalk with a stool for his sales table. Up on top sat a big stack of napkins. "Napkins for sale," he yelled. My giggling at that seemed to discourage him, so he came back for another idea. Soon he thought of drawing some pictures to sell. That seemed to work well enough until they were gone; but not giving up easily, he was at it again, this time with "water for sale". Thanks to a few gracious neighbors, he ended the day with a profit.

1 comment:

Livingstone Family said...

Jennifer, glad to see you jumped off the blog-cliff. It's about time, after all. Keep the updates and pictures coming, I'm excited to see what you post in the future!