-Last week I had a Mom Moment that Jeremy dubbed "blog-worthy"-
Audrey woke up feeling sickish after her nap, so I took her to the couch where she could lay down while I got a few things done. Then I heard her say: "Maybe Jesus will help." I asked her to repeat herself, and heard: "Maybe Jesus will help me feel better."
Joy! I was beyond-thrilled to think that perhaps I've done something right as a mother, after all. So to take full advantage of the opportunity, I answered, "Of course He can. Let's ask Him." I knelt on the spot to pray with her. But she strongly objected.
And then I realized why. "No, no! Not Jesus, Cheese-Its!!"
She had been saying "Cheese-Its" all along! (There's nothing like crispy cheese crackers to make everything all better, you know.)
When I was able to stop laughing, I convinced her that Jesus would be able to help, too. A small prayer was said, and then--you guessed it--we feasted on crackers.
Joy! I was beyond-thrilled to think that perhaps I've done something right as a mother, after all. So to take full advantage of the opportunity, I answered, "Of course He can. Let's ask Him." I knelt on the spot to pray with her. But she strongly objected.
And then I realized why. "No, no! Not Jesus, Cheese-Its!!"
She had been saying "Cheese-Its" all along! (There's nothing like crispy cheese crackers to make everything all better, you know.)
When I was able to stop laughing, I convinced her that Jesus would be able to help, too. A small prayer was said, and then--you guessed it--we feasted on crackers.
The End
7 comments:
Ha! That is so cute! Kids say the cutest things!
I haven't stopeed laughing for 10 minutes! Jennifer, you are the best! This should be sent into the Meredian Magazine!
Audrey will get a real kick out of this someday.
I Love you...Mom
That is REALLY REALLY funny. Thanks for a good laugh
Hilarious!
That's hilarious!
Ha, haaaaaa! That was hilarious!
Definitely blog-worthy! Thanks for the laugh!
I'm excited to see you guys in April!
Post a Comment