03 December 2008

Not a Poem

When I went to tuck Jake into bed last night, I found him writing at his desk. I asked him what he was writing. "Not a poem," he said. I hurried him to finish so that we could get on with the going-to-sleep routine. When I read it though, I wished I would have given him all the time in the world.

Christmas...
I like Christmas becus we wrship God. Are love grose biger! We set up a Christmas tree, we put on the lits, then we put up decrashons. Oh wat a deliteful holaday! I love Christmas expeshly becus we get presents! There are more holadays like Quanza and Honaka.
Dont you like Christmas?

11 comments:

Angela said...

That is absolutely adorable!I think that Christmas is a deliteful holiday too! The Snow Building misses you:)

Amberly said...

How sweet. I think he grow up to be a fine blogger one day. :)

Trent and Dianne Rencher said...

We like Christmas too, Jacob!!

Mix Family said...

That should be framed. Precious!

Jesse said...

Wow. So cute. You are a lucky mommy!

Joanne said...

I love that little boy of yours! That was the sweetest little "not a poem" I've ever seen.

Aric and Sally said...

Best line - "what a deliteful holaday". Love it!

Rach said...

That is so cute! I love how little kids spell. And what a nice thing for a little boy to write.

Greta said...

My kids sucked all my christmas spirit out today. This totally put me right back on track......

San Diego Spendloves said...

Yes, we loved Christmas too. That is so cute!!1

Grandpa and Grandma Hillam said...

Hi Jake

We love your poem about Christmas!!!

It is the best ever!!!!