- Adventures of Cow, Too, Lori Korchek. When I read this to Jake just a few minutes ago at bedtime, he couldn't stop laughing, and asked for one more time. To sum it up, a confused plastic cow heads to the grocery store.
- Not a Box, Antoinette Portis. This book screams 'imagination' at its best!
- Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, Mo Willems. My favorite of the three. It's a modern classic that won a Caldecott Award. There's no way a kid (big or little) wouldn't love this unique book where the reader is invited to keep an eye on a shifty pigeon.
03 January 2008
Check These Out
I've had a life-long crush on children's literature. But now that I'm a Mom who gets to read to my kids, it has become a love affair. There's just nothing better than bringing home a bundle of new library books and finding a treasure. So inspired by today's library find, I'm recommending three children's books that have a similar flavor. They're each brilliantly simple and clever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love children's books, too! Thanks for the list. I definitely want to check out the Mo Willems book. My kids love "Knuffle Bunny" and "Leonardo the Terrible Monster", also by him.
We like all of Mo's stuff but the Pigeon books are our favorites. Glad to know that there is another book lover out there. One the best classes I took at college was a children lit. class. You were required to read childrens books. What is not to love? I hope the love of books gets passed on your mine and your children.
Jen - will you send me your email address?
Mine's joanneljmott@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Oooh. Thanks for the list! It's hit and miss with us sometimes at the library - some books are great and some are not too great. This will be fun to go with something in mind.
Post a Comment