28 December 2007

Adventure of the Day

Two big accomplishments led to an adventure this morning. First, Jake learned to ride his bike without training wheels on Christmas Eve. And second, Jeremy spent yesterday preparing our own bikes after a 2-year slumber (no small feat involving three trips to the sporting goods store). Today we were all set to go on our First Family Bike Ride!Audrey seemed content-as-could-be in the trailer, snuggled up with her blankie.These wild turkeys near the trail gobbled their little hearts out when we stopped to take their picture.And to top it off, a stop at a nearby burger joint for lunch. The fries were high quality--just like everything else originating from Idaho.
Cheers-- to the first of many bike rides to come!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

This looks like so much fun! I love family bike rides. (well, I think I do, but we've never done one - our bikes definitely need some work.)

Kimberly said...

Funny, we just did the very same thing with our bikes. We must have had our brains tuned to the same station :) I do believe ours have been resting for longer than 2 years though. Wish we were there to go for a fun ride together!