14 August 2007

Quote of the Day


This little gem from Jake made me secretly grin just now:

"You're the meanest Mom I've ever had!"

He said it in pure frustration after I told him we couldn't go to a pet store to buy a pet right now, and maybe not tomorrow either. He caught a frog a few nights ago, and just discovered that it died in the jar out on the porch. In my pride, I probably shouldn't have tried to explain that the frog incident was a good example of how we need to make sure we're "ready" to take care of a pet first. Poor kid. Good thing his moods change quickly--a few minutes and a couple of Vienna sausages later, he's humming happily at the table.

1 comment:

Livingstone Family said...

Jennifer, I have to admit that the first time you hear it, it may sting a little, but you blow it off and move on, and now it wouldn't be a normal day if I wasn't the RUDEST mom ever from one or more kids! How dare I ever say NO to anything?? Now, the day I actaully responded with, "maybe you're the rudest kid ever", or maybe you should find a mom that's not so rude", did I suddenly evoke tears-- so I learned just to let it slide and not take it personally. Be on your guard for worse words coming!