10 April 2013

Isaac's Birth Day: January 16

Our sweet, special baby is 12 weeks old today! I've been wanting to blog about his birth and all that has come since; but I have hesitated because my words feel so inadequate.

We had been praying and longing for another child for several years. Our hearts ached at the reality that it may not happen, so I found myself trying to make peace with Heavenly Father's will for our family. I struggled to balance hope with contentment.

Then last summer we found, to our surprise and joy (!) that we were expecting. It was surreal, almost unbelievable. We were overcome with gratitude for this miracle, and spent the next nine months feeling blessed, excited, and anxious. The pregnancy itself was mostly smooth, but felt much more difficult--I guess because of my "advanced maternal age."

January rolled around and he was due on the 26th. I was pretty sure he would be early by a week or two. I grew more and more uncomfortable by the day. We went to bed about midnight on Tuesday the 15th and I was feeling pretty miserable. I remember thinking that I needed to have this baby as soon as possible, because I didn't think I could last much longer.

A few hours later I woke up to more pain, and recognized instantly that I was having real, true contractions. I woke Jeremy telling him it was time to get to the hospital, so we dressed quickly and gathered our things, while trying to figure out what to do with the kids. Thankfully, my good friend in the neighborhood answered my 3:30 am call, and was at our house in minutes.

Things happened quickly once we got checked into the hospital. There is a lot more to that story; but I'll skip to the best part--our beautiful, healthy baby boy was born at 11:05! I can't begin to describe our elation, our joy, our relief, our instant love!

And I'll let the photos do the talking from this point...


 
 
 



No comments: