06 February 2011

Audrey Turns Five!

It's true. She's a whopping Five-Year Old. She got to celebrate at preschool, at home with the family, and then a few days later with church friends.


{sidenote: this cake was something I've been dying to make after seeing pictures several months ago. It was my biggest cake project to date, and I loved spending a lot of time making it. I'm glad I took pictures, though, because the beauty was short-lived. The morning after this picture, my good husband accidentally knocked the cake from the counter to the carpet turning it into a pile of cake rubble. It was actually kind of hilarious!}

I asked for a 'surprised' look...

Her Daddy called from work to wish her a Happy Birthday.

Her birthday just happened to fall on Pajama Day at preschool. Perfect timing.

Audrey is a bright light of a girl. Here's what she had to say on her birthday:

Mom: Why are you excited to be 5?
A: Because then I'm growing and I'm big.

Mom: What is your favorite color?
A: Blue

Mom: What is a favorite song you like to sing?
A: That is kind of a complicated one. I don't know. "Feed My Lambs" from Primary.

Mom: What do you like to play with?
A: My puppies and ponies.

Mom: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: One, a teacher. Two, a Mom.

Mom: What do you want to learn while you're 5?
A: About the gospel.




6 comments:

gretchen said...

That is one fabulous cake!

Trent and Dianne Rencher said...

Happy Birthday Audrey but are you sure you are 5? I was thinking maybe more like 3 would be better.....love your huge colorful layer cake, bet it tasted good too!

Trent and Dianne Rencher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marliese said...

Wow to having a 5-year-old daughter, and to that colorful cake tower. I am impressed. What a beauty and a spunky girl. I still remember when Audrey was born and Tessa couldn't get enough of her.

Heidi said...

why am i just now seeing this post?! the CAKE?!?!?! way to go auntie! happy belated to audrey. :) she is looking more like you it seems like. lucky girl. :) (oh, and when you commented about the pictures on my food blog, i felt guilty! i took some from websites and such. the very PLAIN a ones are mine.) take care!

Joanne said...

She is such a cute girl - I always love reading your interviews with her, because she gives such great, random answers.

That cake is amazing! I just showed it to Elizabeth, and she now wants that kind on her birthday instead of a barbie dress cake. Help! I have no idea how to creat that.

p.s. so funny that Jeremy knocked it over! you are good to laugh about it. I would probably have cried and then laughed.