10 September 2010

A Hair Story

There once lived a wife who learned how to cut her husband's hair.

It took several years of practice. Trial and error eventually turned the novice-wife into the (self-proclaimed) expert at cutting his hair. What once took around an hour could be done in half the time. The progress satisfied her.

Her husband was always gracious and complimentary. In fact, he eventually declared her haircuts to be superior to the "real" thing at the neighborhood Great Clips.

One evening the appointment was set, and the man sat down once again for a cut. The confident wife took clippers in hand and began.

Seconds later, the husband heard three distinct sounds: first a loud gasp, then a stunned silence, and finally a very nervous laugh...


And so it was that the buzz cut came to be.

The new look was very handsome from the front.
And the clippers were stored neatly away for a good, long hibernation.

The End

11 comments:

Briawna said...

and that's why Ronell won't let me touch his hair. He won't even let me cut Palmer's hair. He does it. That's hilarious. Jeremy doesn't look to happy. P.S. We live right near Joey and Mindy Hobson. I think they were in the program with you guys.

Amy said...

okay I just had a really good laugh. I am impressed that Jeremy let you even cut his hair. From day one Chad has refused to let me touch his, but I can cut the boys' all I want!
To Jeremy it doesn't look too bad, At least your a guy and it will grow back fast!

Amberly said...

Sometimes an unfortunate 'slip' of the clippers is just what a girl needs in order to retire. Great Clips will thank you. :)

grammy mel said...

Hey Jenny,
He looks great! You wouldn't believe what you see walking down Mill Ave in Tempe... spikes, purple, blue, scruffy, anything goes!! He's right in style. Loved your story. Many of us who follow your blog have done the same thing. I gave Julie and Dianne a layered cut once - they still haven't forgiven me!! :) Thank heavens for hats!

Hugs from Tempe!

Greta said...

I have never and will never cut Tom's hair. I barely have the courage to cut the girls bangs. I hope you don't feel bad that I laughed too.

Allison Harris said...

I did the SAME exact thing the first time I cut Jay's hair...it was a little higher and we had to buzz his hair super short. Needless to say I haven't cut his hair since. :)

Anonymous said...

OK...I/m still getting used to it....but its not too bad actually...except for the stripe down the back.

HILARIOUS!!! Jeremy, this should be good for many nights out doing sports with the boys!

Love, Mom

Juana said...

Almost looks like me a year ago last June--when I decided to "start over" and the easiest way to do that was BUZZ!!! Welcome to the club, BRM!!

Aunt J

Joanne said...

Oh, man, I cannot stop laughing. Not because of how funny it looks (because it really only looks a tiny bit funny), but just because of how you wrote it I can imagine the whole thing with you gasping and everything. Awesome. I've never dared cut Daniel's hair - he's the one who buzzes our boys because I am so awful at it.

Marliese said...

Oh wow...Jennifer, I feel for you! It's hard to be the one with clippers in hand--the pressure, the power!

Some of the most tense moments of our marriage have happened with clippers in my hand, Tom in the chair. I hope Jeremy could see the humor in it...maybe? I think it's pretty funny.

gretchen said...

Sorry, I had to laugh. I did the EXACT same thing to Scott right before my sister's wedding! Now he double checks to make sure I have the guard on.