04 March 2010

Fun Run

Yesterday was a big one for Jake. He ran in his school's Fun Run fundraiser. He has been more than a little excited for days.

Before he went to bed he made a morning to-do list: "brush teeth, train, get ready," and he laid out all of his essential gear: headband, wristband, tennis shoes with new shoelaces.

Audrey and I cheered him on.

Teachers marked his shirt for each lap. He ran a whopping 44!
We're so proud.

5 comments:

Julie Peterson said...

That is so great! I am so impressed!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! Go Jake!

Mix Family said...

Way to go Jake! 44 laps is nothing to sniff at--you're practically ready for a half marathon! Audrey was a darling little cheerleader.

Alison B said...

Tori's school did this in the fall...it was a riot! So hilarious. I loved it. I thought it was a great fundraiser. so funny to watch and great for the kids. How fun.

Amberly said...

Wow, 44 laps! I am impressed.

Haha, the word verification word is laters.