23 November 2008

Life in Color

Here's a peek at our past week. For all 9 years and 3 months of our marriage, Jeremy and I have had a Sunday night planning meeting. We print out a new calendar, sit at the kitchen table, and fill in all of the big things we have going. Then we hang it on the fridge. Jeremy teases me about this calendar because I'm a little (okay, a lot) particular about how it looks. I write certain things in certain places in a certain neat way.

This week some little hands got hold of the calendar and added some decorations. I love it now. It's a good representation of my life as a Mom--sometimes planned, often spontaneous, and always colorful.

See what I mean?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Livingstone Family said...

I LOVE your calendar! I can't believe you still use the same one-- SO DO I!! See? No matter how many years pass, how many kids come, how far away you move, some things never change and that is so refreshing to me! I'm just about to go fill mine out for the week. One thing I do is put our dinner menu at the bottom of each day. I may mix it up a little during the week, but I always know what's on the menu for the week if I write it down at the bottom.

Amberly said...

I love that Audrey has undies on her head. Why do all kids do that?

Mix Family said...

you've inspired me to 1)keep a weekly calendar 2)plan weekly as a family 3)live more in the "doing" than the "got-to-get-done" moment 4)join a group or club of some sort. i breathed a sigh of relief looking at your calendar--i get so intimidated by my perfect friends and family.i've only been domestic since caleb was born and it is a wonderful transition from career to home, but intimidating at times. and also, the menu at the bottom is great! i'm going to copy your calendar idea, if you don't mind. sounds like it works for mindy too!

Trent and Dianne Rencher said...

Can Audrey come live with me?
Di

Alison B said...

i love it!!! you are so busy, though! where do you print off your calendar from? it is a nice calendar.