06 November 2008

Apple-icious Appalachians

Ready for a bushel-full of pictures? Good. Our trip to an apple orchard last week was photo-op heaven. It was a perfect fall day. The colors in the mountains were so beautiful, I was 'oohing and aahing' the whole way (and then I realized my sunglasses were rose-tinted!) Jeremy snapped this on the winding mountain road
leading up to the orchard.

baskets in hand, the kids raced to find the Fujis

these trees were LOADED

check out the leaves--they were pretty even
without rose-colored glasses

it took maybe 5 minutes to fill our two buckets...

so we had plenty of time to explore the bamboo forest

see you next fall, Sky Top Orchard!

9 comments:

Amberly said...

Those are beautiful pictures. Fall is such a lovely time of year.

Joanne said...

Gorgeous pictures! What a fun time. I love the one of Jake in the bamboo forest.

Paige and Curtis said...

so fun. where is the orchard?

Trent and Dianne Rencher said...

Wow you live in a beautiful place Jen!! Love the pic's and apple's make me hungry for pie!

Cheryl said...

No way! No way! I can't believe you recognized me, Jennifer. I'm still in delighted shock that you found me. :)

How long have you been reading Segullah? Wouldn't it be just crazy if we have been crossing paths for years through blogs without knowing it?

Now I have another blog to read, and I'm so excited!

Jolley's said...

oh man, we missed all the fun this year! I kept planning days to go and it just never seemed to work out. Looks like you guys had a great time! And seriously, don't you just LOVE how gorgeous it is here!

Thomas Family said...

Don't you just love fall?

Rach said...

Hi Jennifer! I found you! What a cute family you have! How's it going?

Kimber & Jeremy! said...

It is beautiful there!!