29 May 2008

Roughing It

Jeremy racked up some spirit points at work, so we redeemed them for a new tent. We tried it out over the weekend in the back yard. It's HUGE! The kids thought they had died and gone to heaven. They each had their own little bedroom, and we slept in the middle room on our raised air mattress--not too shabby.

And speaking of points, Jeremy earned oodles of them in my book for humoring me with the whole plan. Let's just say he isn't the biggest fan of sleeping anywhere other than his comfy, indoor bed. Between that and spending an hour setting up the tent for the first time, I think I owe him one.

Oh yes you do - Jeremy

5 comments:

Livingstone Family said...

Looks SOOOOOO fun!

Mix Family said...

what an awesome tent and a fantastic backyard to "rough" it in. nice! happy memorial day!

Joanne said...

I love it! When I was a little kid I always wished my family would get one of those cool tents with little rooms. How fun! My kids would sleep outside in a tent every night if I let them.

Kimberly said...

Fun! Jeremy youre a good dad for doing it. You kids will remember these kinds of days and it will be well worth your night out of your comfy bed. I made my family sleep out on the tramp.

Anonymous said...

Spirit points? What the heck are spirit points?