This is good stuff. When I was using the iron today, Jake and I were talking about ironing--something that doesn't happen too often at our house. I was telling him about this huge roller iron thing that my Mom used to use. When I was a girl I would watch her iron with it in the basement. I remember the smell of the heat, and the clicking sounds of the roller moving up and down.
So I told him I'd check the internet to find a picture. As luck would have it, the name came to me as I started typing in the google search bar: Ironrite. That's what it was called. The video here is long, but the first 2:30 minutes are priceless. Like the guy says, " A shirt that's ironed 'rite' is one of life's greatest sources of satisfaction."
{Try this link if it doesn't load below.}
p.s. You're my hero, Mom.
from Prelinger Archives
2 comments:
I'm exhausted just watching that poor lady feed yard after yard of fabric into the hot jaws of that rolling finger snatcher!! How did you ever keep all 10 fingers and feet going at the same time? I still burn myself on the simplest of projects - like a square hankie, and have the scars to prove it. I am forever in awe at mom's finesse with the Ironrite. No wonder there was so much enthusiasm for wrinkle free polyester in the 70's! Now it all becomes VERY clear... Mom deserves a medal! Melanie
I want one! Looks like a good idea to me and even something we may fight over to do the ironing.
Trent
Post a Comment