14 April 2008

One-Eyed Cookies

"Super chocolatey cookies made with a chocolate cake mix and chocolate chips."

1 package chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 T. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, butter, oil, and eggs until smooth and well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

These yummies are soft and ridiculously easy. When I realized I didn't have any brown sugar yesterday to make 'real' chocolate chip cookies I tried this recipe, and it was a big hit. Jeremy gives me a hard time for trying to concoct Sunday sweets because I'm always short an ingredient or two. These were a happy surprise for him.

Recipe found here.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Those sound really good. I don't think I could come up with anything that yummy from what's in my pantry right now - it looks like I need to go shopping for some new cookie ingredients.

Amberly said...

What's the eye?

Jennifer M said...

A random googly eye that he found in his backpack. He stuck it in the cookie and said "Look Mom, it's a one-eyed cookie!"

*natalie said...

I totally know what you mean by trying to come up with a treat on Sunday. Last week Rex made 1/4 a batch of chocolate chip cookies because we only had 1/3 cup of Crisco. He was desperate!