11 November 2007

To-Do: Catch Turkey

When I told Jacob not to lose a paper of mine with turkey- cooking directions, he was a little baffled. This is what ensued.
Jake: so we're going to cook a REAL turkey for Thanksgiving?
Me: yep
Jake: but how are we going to catch one??
Me: very carefully
Jake: I think the best way to catch them is by the beak
(then he starts going into lots of details)

--a few hours later in the car, and out of the blue--

Jake: we don't even know where to find a turkey, though
Me: where do you think turkeys like to be?
Jake: I don't know
Me: hmmm
Jake: they're so fast we need something to make their feet slippery
His wheels are really turning, so it could be fun to keep this speculation game going. But with Christmas around the corner, I'd better polish up my credibility in preparation for all the Santa questions.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

This is such a cute story! I love how you can tell he's thinking about it so much, trying to work out in his mind how it could be possible to do this crazy thing.

Kimberly said...

Your son is full of it!!! It is fun to get to know his fun personality through your blog.