10 September 2007

The Boy and His Corn

Once upon a time there lived a boy. He wanted to plant some popcorn kernels in his yard, so his Mom said, "Okay." All by himself, he scouted out the perfect soil and sowed his seeds. A few weeks passed. Soon they discovered a small leafy sprout coming from the ground by the front steps. It did not look like the other weeds. The boy's popcorn was growing! So he watered and watched over it through the summer. It grew into a handsome stalk. All who visited were amazed at the sight. And the boy couldn't wait to taste it!
The End

2 comments:

Livingstone Family said...

I love it! What a smart kid, this will just confirm that you'll never be able to tell him he can't do something-- he'll always remember he grew a cornstock from a popcorn kernel. I"m glad you got pictures. I love your updates, they make the miles not seem so many. Take care!

D-dawg said...

Jennifer! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Isn't it such a small world? Time flies too! Your family is very cute and great job for planting with your little boy. I need to do that with my kids!!!